About 80% of energy used in the European Union derives from fossil fuels: oil, natural gas and coal. Environmental effects of such a system, including security aspects and inescapable economical affections, make a more rational use and a better management of the energy essential for a concrete sustainable development.
Standard ISO 50001 “Energy management systems”- Requirements with guidance for use” is the suitable answer for this problem.
The standard specifies the requirements for an energy management system that enables an organization to use a systematic approach with the purpose of improving continuously the energetic performance: this improvement means using energy in a more efficient and sustainable way, the energy type regardless.
Standard ISO 50001 does not define specific performance criteria related to energy, but it helps companies intending to adopt it and organize systems and processes aimed to increase the energy efficiency. This management strategy leads to economic benefits and to a reduction of the greenhouse gases emissions.
ANCCP Certification Agency offers to interested companies the certification service for ISO 50001, which fully integrates with other two standards: ISO 9001 (quality management systems) and ISO 14001 (environmental management systems).
Regardless any dimensional, type-, geographical, cultural and social aspect, every company aiming to:
- Enhance energetic performance;
- Organize, develop, maintain and improve an energy management system;
- Make sure that the energy management system is compliant with the declared energetic policies;
- Demonstrate the above-mentioned conformity;
- Get the certification of their own energy management system from a third-party organization;
- Make a self-evaluation and a self-declaration of conformity to the standard.